Sage renovation coaching from smart start to healthy finish. From redecorating a room to undergoing a major renovation, we can help you through the process to ensure your new space is as healthy and sustainable as you want.
Comfort, health and durability
Your home is your biggest financial asset, yet home purchases are often made based on price, location and size but these three factors are only a small part of how well suited a home is to how you live. It’s only after you’ve lived in your home that you begin to realize the operating costs, the flow and functionality of the home, how comfortable the temperature is, how the natural light flows into the home, how noises from inside and out are an issue, how smoothly the house is connected to the outdoors and whether or not something in the house may be affecting your health.
In Canada, we spend an average of 90% of our time indoors. Sage Living understands how sustainable practices and products can improve the quality of your indoor environment and energy efficiency, creating healthier, more efficient and productive places for you to live and work. Sage Living has in depth knowledge and expertise on sourcing and evaluating the materials and methods for transforming your space to be more healthy and sustainable.
There’s so much more to a renovation than “getting a new kitchen” or “renovating your basement”. We give you deep insight into current best practice on all facets of a sustainable build so that you can best determine your priorities regarding:
- How to reach the full potential of your site, but with minimal impact.
- How to maximize your home’s energy efficiency, performance, and durability.
- How to right size the mechanical systems in your home.
- How to make healthy and conscious materials selections.
- When to consider the use of potential renewable resources for your home.
- How best to manage water quality and quantity in your home and on your site.
- How to have a healthy indoor environment.
Interested in learning more? Give us a call (4188.8.131.52.5) for a no obligation conversation. We can work together with you, your designer and/or your builder to make sure that your build is as sustainable and healthy as you wish.
Often, as your build progresses, there are myriad decisions and purchases you need to make quickly: kitchen cabinets, countertops, appliances, bathroom fixtures, tiles, light fixtures and bulbs, flooring, closet inserts, door hardware, curtains and blinds, furniture, rugs, etc. Although you may have thought of them along the way, when it comes to buying everything quickly, decision fatigue and frustration can set in, or you simply may not have time to review every item as thoroughly as you’d like.
- Review quotes you have received to clarify the differences between them, request additional information, and advise on a choice that best matches your budget and needs.
- Review recommendations you’ve received and evaluate them based on additional criteria you have (i.e. which is the healthiest option? which is the most sustainable option? etc.).
- Locate creative and cost cutting alternatives to the ever-mounting pile of things you have to buy (i.e. second hand, re-purposing something you already have, creative solutions, etc.).
- Recommend healthy and sustainable options, available locally, for you to choose from.
From a five minute phone call to a full day shopping trip, we’re here for you to reach out to when you need to speak to someone who cares deeply about making thoughtful decisions about everything going in to your home.
I am just redecorating a room in my house and want to do the change as sustainably and healthily as possible. Can you help?
Of course – we love these types of one-off quick projects! Sometimes the smallest of changes can have huge impact. Whether it’s setting up a healthy and sustainable home office or nursery we know the locally based resources that can help you achieve your goals.
Here's a sample of the kinds of questions we love to answer:
- How do I choose LED bulbs?
- What kind of healthy flooring is good for the bedroom? the playroom? the kitchen? the basement?
- How does an HRV/ERV improve air quality and energy efficiency and do I need one?
- How can I evaluate appliances beyond just price and Energy Star rating?
- Is spray foam the right option for my renovation?
- How do I choose the most energy efficient windows for my project?
- What do I need to consider when buying furniture for the nursery?
- Why do ceiling fan efficiencies vary so greatly?
- What can I do to improve the air quality in my basement?
We are continually expanding our in-depth experience and knowledge through ongoing research and education, as well as subscribing to a large number of professional and consumer databases and research providers so that we can continue to provide clients with the most up to date and relevant answers to your questions.
Why not give us a call to see if we can answer your questions? 4184.108.40.206.5
When it comes time to make the decisions your builder gives you, it's rare to find information in the showroom about which materials choices are better for the health of your family. We have worked with many homeowners at this stage to help them work through the options, understand the differences between them, and make informed and wise decisions. Can we help you with your choices?
FOR PARTICIPANTS OF THE SAVINGS BY DESIGN PROGRAM
- Specs for healthy building materials and finishes (glues, caulking, sealants, paints, molding, trim, flooring, cabinets, countertops, etc).
- Spec for appliances, lighting and fans (right sized and most efficient)
- Design reviews of design and materials choices through the lense of sustainability and health
- Recommendations for healthy on-site building practice
- Oversight of healthy on-site building practice
- Recommendations regarding universal design considerations
- Marketing recommendations to explain the benefits of the sustainable and healthy products/practices you adopt
- Training of show room personnel
- Presentations to potential or actual purchasers to explain the benefits of the sustainable and healthy products/practices you adopt
Past participants of the Enbridge Savings By Design program by Sustainable Buildings Canada receive the most favourable corporate pricing.
For further information email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 416-272-8295 today.
Do you have clients who are interested in having a sustainable and healthy home? Sage Living can show you how this is possible - at little or no extra cost to you or the client. You will be able to provide your clients with the sustainable and healthy indoor environment they need. You will feel confident that you are able to provide an enhanced product that will add value for your homeowners. We work collaboratively with you, your crew and your sub trades to understand what building practices and materials you can choose that will make a big difference to the energy efficiency, indoor air quality, comfort and health of your clients. We'll empower you to speak to your clients knowledgeably about their choices.
We also provide marketing support so that you can tell the story of how you build sustainable and healthy homes.
Do you have clients asking you about indoor air quality or healthy homes? Sage Living specializes in taking your beautiful design and looking at it through the lense of sustainability and health. We provide you with research based recommendations to make sure the creation of your design is expressed using materials and methods that ensure the health and well-being of your clients.